Biyernes, Mayo 18, 2012

IV. REFLECTION IN LITERATURE

   Writings of country or period, or prose or verse especially writings having artistic value or expression and expressing ideas of permanent or universal interest that's "LITERATURE".

   First day of the class, I found it was boring because our teacher was a soft-spoken person, her voice was not too loud for us to hear what she was saying. Every topic that we discuss I might yawn but i know she teaches well. Literature is our first topic. Definition,example and discussing about that topic makes me learn what literature is.

   Our next topic is all about LEGEND (Latin, legenda, "things to be read") is a narrative of human actions that are perceived both by teller and listeners to take place within human history and to possess certain qualities that give the tale verisimilitude. Legend, for its active and passive participants includes no happenings that are outside the realm of "possibility", defined by a highly flexible set of parameters, which may include miracles that are perceived as actually having happened, within the specific tradition of indoctrination where the legend arises, and within which it may be transformed over time, in order to keep it fresh and vital, and realistic. A majority of legends operate within the realm of uncertainty, never being entirely believed by the participants, but also never being resolutely doubted. Professor Dellera told us that we have to choose one kind of legend and we have to cite it in front without reading it. The legend I chose was “The Legend of the First Butterfly”.Next to that, we took up riddles. This is the most interesting topic that we had discusse. RIDDLES is a statement or question having a double or veiled meaning, put forth as a puzzle to be solved.

Examples:
There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a white house. Inside the white house there was a red house. Inside the red house there were lots of babies. What is it?

WATERMELON

        


I am always hungry,
I must always be fed,
The finger I touch,
Will soon turn red

FIRE


   In this topic we recited what we research about the example of riddles It's fun because it enhance my capacity to learn and to analyze every question

..........

   The next topic was PROVERBS it is a terse statement of practical wisdom based or long experience and observation about life

EXAMPLES:

A good beginning makes a good end
-it means that, if a task is carefully planned, there's a better chance that it will be done well

Distance makes the Heart grow fonder
-it means that, when you are separated from the person you love, your feelings are even stronger

A bad tree does not yield Apples
-it means that, A bad Parents does not raise good Children


..........


   The second to the last topic was BALLAD is a form of verse, often a narrative set to music. We research about the Ballad songs of Kenny Rogers and relate it to our own life. The song I choose here was "I Will Always Love You"

I Will Always Love You

If I should stay
I would only be in your way
So, I'll go but I know
I'll think of you
Each step of the way
And I will always love you.

And I will always love you
Bittersweet memories,
That is all I am taking with me
So goodbye, please don't you cry
'Cause we both know I'm not what you need
And I will always love you.

And I will always love you
I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you've dreamed of
And I wish you joy and happiness
But above all, I wish you love
And I will always love you.

And I will always love you
Bittersweet memories,
That is all I am taking with me
So goodbye, please don't you cry
'Cause we both know I'm not what you need
And I will always love you.

And I will always love you...

   After i read this song in front of my classmate I also read the explanation, and as far as I remember the explanation goes like this.

  ___ "This song is about loving alone after break up for almost 3 years. Even though we are not together anymore I still always Love him. Those sweet and Bitter memories makes me love him more but Destiny won't allow us to continue, so i just have to keep this love with in my Heart.
   Dark, Gray, Gloomy Clouds brings back memory of past where you and me just us, making great love story and making it last but how we would continue if destiny is Against us.
   Maybe goodbye is Bitter but Better for us, but still i will Always Love You"___

..........


   And the last topic was EPIC is a long narrative poem like Biag ni Lam-ang it is very popular epic nowadays. It included in our Midterm exam or should I say "SURPRISE" MIDTERM EXAMINATION. She said that we have our quiz that time but it is not quiz but rather an examination but it's okay because as I know I've study already so I contented or convince that I've pass the examination. As time goes by, I realize that I learn also a lot about Literature because of my teacher and because also of my attention to know more about it. So, I want to thank my Teacher to teach us well in this summer class subject. That's very nice and hope I can used it to the near future.

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento